Monday, November 28, 2011

Flower Hair Clips

Since I've been making a bunch of hair clip holders, it only stands to reason that I'd need some hair clips too! These little beauties are a cinch to make and look cute too.

Tutorial:
Materials:
Felt or Thin Craft Foam (I got this in a 8 1/2"x11' size at Hobby Lobby) in coordinating colors
Embellishments (Got the little bug in the scrapbook section)
Hair Clip
Hot Glue / Hot Glue Gun

1. Cut one of your felt / foam pieces into a flower shape and one into a circle for the middle of the flower. You'll need a half-moon for the back. I had to cut out several pink circles, as the bug had a little circle on the back, but it just created more dimension, so I didn't mind. :)


2. Assemble everything using hot glue! This is what the back will look like. My hair clips had a few holes in the end (under the white half moon) and the half moon helps to keep the whole thing together and not look like you've just used a bunch of hot glue.

3. Wear and enjoy! I've yet to get a picture of my daughter wearing this, but it's on it's way--stay tuned!  I have given these as gifts and they've held up very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment