Monday, February 20, 2012

Fabric Flower Hair Pins


After getting inspired on Pinterest with this tutorial. I decided to make a fabric hair pin of my own. I was really pleased with how it turned out! In the tutorial, they mention that it's really easy to get burnt (and they weren't kidding!) so I ended up sticking a large stick pin in the middle of the "flowers" while I was melting the edges. And I used a Glade candle, because it was all I had. (This coming from a girl who hates open flames! I only lit the flower on fire once....the tutorial says mistakes add character.) Enjoy!

And my friend Patti told me about a great idea she heard about from her friend Pamela called "Pinning It Down"...basically where you actually DO something from your pinboards! I love this idea! So if you love it too and are actually "pinning it down" visit her at her blog and let others know about it!

Places to link-up for "Pinning it Down" Tuesdays:
http://www.amongstlovelythings.com
http://www.everydaysnapshots.blogspot.com



6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I couldn't help but notice You look just like a Patricia from my hometown. Did you ever live in MN?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SARAH!!!! Yes, It's me!!! :) So happy you found me here!

      Delete
  2. Your hair pin came out so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty! I am impressed. I have not seen that pin before. I'll have to go take a look at the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome! Any friend of Patti's is a friend of mine! Your hair pin is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete