Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pinning it Down #2: Unpaper Towels!


For my second try at Pinning it Down" I decided to make some "unpaper" towels. What exactly are "unpaper" towels, you ask? Well, they are re-usable towels that have flannel on one side and terry cloth on another. They are super absorbent and perfect for cleaning up those everyday messes. And then you just throw them in the wash and start again!

They were super easy to make using this tutorial. (Correction: They were super easy when my sewing machine was working properly!) I didn't do the snaps shown in the tutorials (just going to fold them up in my napkin basket), used a zig-zag stitch, and I only made four, because that was all I could make from the old towel and old receiving blanket that I decided to cut up and use. (My girls never really took to those cheeky dinosaurs.) So this project cost me nada! Bonus!

I am going to make a few more, but this is a nice start, and I already used them tonight to clean up the table. The girls had fun washing their play table and the windows too, but I think that it was actually the spray bottle of vinegar/water that they liked using the most. But, hey, I got to make supper in peace, so it turned out to be a beautiful day!


Check out my link-up as well as others on Pam's blog here!

Happy pinning and doing!

2 comments:

  1. I have been trying to think of how to go paper towel free. I'll have to check out the tutorial. Yours are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and useful. So smart.

    ReplyDelete