Thursday, March 8, 2012

Birthday Bunting

Call it what you want, bunting or garland or a banner, these make awesome decorations for parties (like this example (c) Land of Nod)!

So after seeing all those cool pictures of flag banners on Pinterest, I decided to make my own for my daughter's 5th birthday party this month.

There are so many tutorials out there, but I figured it was as easy as sewing a bunch of triangles onto a piece of ribbon, and guess what? It was!! No tutorial needed here! And the sewing took about 20 minutes tops and I was able to cut the triangles out of remnants with pinking shears. Could this get any easier?

When my daughter saw the picture, her eyes lit up and she said, "Is this for my party? THANK YOU!!"

And that's really all the thanks I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment