Thursday, January 24, 2013

Update to the Polka dot circle skirt

Awhile back I showed you all the black and white polka dot circle skirt that I was working on...and I love, love, love how it turned out! I just wanted to update that I figured out the best way to finish it off, and I wanted to share it with you today!

Drum roll please........Serging! More specifically, purple serging. That's right, a little shiny purple thread in the serger brings this skirt up a notch (as if the awesome, twirly, polka-dottiness doesn't brighten your day already?).

Want to make one (or two) of your own? They are so easy! Follow Dana's instructions from Dana-made-it, here. She did an awesome job of laying everything out, step by step.  I used 3 in black elastic for the top. The fabric is a satiny polyester (or something) that I found at Joann's.  I also got the fabric in a pink polka dots for my girls.

Make a few and get spinning!






I used 3 in. black elastic for the waistband. 

A shiny purple thread in the serger finished it off nicely!


No comments:

Post a Comment