Thursday, May 9, 2013

DIY Plant Hanger

The other night I followed this picture tutorial and made a cool plant hanger out of an old t-shirt. I learned a couple of things along the way, and I'm going to share them here with you, so that you can make your own t-shirt plant hanger too. (Or make one for a gift!)  This is such a cool idea, here's the link to the website that has actual written directions, along with the pictures.

Hints:
Use a big t-shirt, like the biggest you have.  I used a woman's small from Target, and wish I would have used one of those big xxl t-shirts I have in my upcycle bin. (and yes, it's an upcycle bin, not a hoarding bin!).

When I do it again, I'm going to tie the knots at the end around my pot, instead of just tying them and then trying to find a pot to fit. Makes sense, doesn't it?

Get creative!  You can experiment with braiding, adding giant wooden beads, etc. There are so many cool things you can do with this idea once you get the hang of it.  And if you have an old, big t-shirt lying around, it's free! Who doesn't love free?






Have fun and get creative! Happy Mother's Day!
~Patricia




No comments:

Post a Comment