Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My 30th birthday surprise

So anyone who knows me, knows I love to dance.  I mean, I.love.to.dance.  And not your clubby-hip-hop-bump-n-grind business either. Oh no. I love folk dancing. You want to go square dancing? I'm in.  You want to cut a rug doing some swing or polka? I'm there. Scottish? English Country? Where do I sign up? I'm ready. Now. I even bring my scottish dance shoes on vacation. Because you never know.

And guess what else I didn't know?

That my awesome husband, with help from my amazing mother-in-law, was going to throw me the best surprise 30th birthday party ever, with dancing.  That's right, they hired a polka band to play for my surprise party. And invited all of my friends and even my parents (another surprise) to come. My husband even danced with me, and I didn't have to ask. He knew exactly what I wanted.

It was awesome.

Like totally, in-your-face-I-love-to-dance-you-can't-get-me-off-the-dance-floor awesome!

I had such a wonderful time, and really thought they were up to something, but I never suspected anything this great.

I'm really lucky to have such a wonderful husband and family. Really lucky!

And I hope someone took some pictures, because I sure didn't.

I was too busy dancing!

~Patricia


No comments:

Post a Comment