Saturday, September 28, 2013

Things I've learned (ongoing)

You know that feeling when you think you're doing ok, you know, as a parent, a spouse, a friend...and then you have this realization that well, you don't have it figured out. Not at all. I've made a decision that I'm going to write about these things that I'm learning, in the hopes that maybe it'll make me a better person.

We're all a work in progress. Here goes:

1. Give freely.

I have this friend, Ivy, who is one of those people that donates to every cause. You know, like my friend's sister has this, or we need money for that, etc, etc. Often I don't give anything because well, I'm stingy. There. I said it. I am cheap, selfish and stingy sometimes. Aren't we all a little bit? And when you realize something like that about yourself, you're bound to make a change. So I will. I am. I did. I'm going to be more generous, because being generous feels good (there I go back to being selfish again!), but it also sends a positive message to my children.

There are people out there that need your help. If you can, you should. Simple as that.

Give freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment