Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Easy Halloween crafts with the kids!


When my kids get in the crafting mood, we run with it! This time we ran straight to our stack of construction paper and made a ton of Halloween decorations to.....well, decorate our house!  The kids really had a fun time and were super creative and well-behaved.  So definitely worth all the cutting I had to do! 

Scroll down to see some cool ideas...

Mixed-up pumpkin


Love the arms! (because I made them, lol!)
I just wanted to add that you could use the crinkly arms to make some spooky spiders....I personally get freaked out, even by fake spiders, so they were a no-go.  Seriously, even if they are giant, pretend, construction paper spiders-they freak me out.  Let's be honest, when I wake up early in the morning and turn on the lights, I don't want to look at a spider.  Spiders in Florida are HUGE, so a pretend construction paper one made by a 6 year old might be mistaken for the real thing.  I'm not taking any chances here.  

Note: Remember those crinkly arms from Elementary school?  I sure did!  I felt pretty proud of myself pulling out all the stops for the pumpkins here.  "They need arms, Mommy!" Of course they do kids. Of course they do. 

Not sure why there is a Halloween "maze" on the pink paper, but they were insistent that our decorations would be incomplete without it.


Bats, lots and lots of bats.  They loved them!
And bonus question......can you guess who made the pumpkin in the picture above? (here's a hint...she did pretty much all of the cutting too!)

So there you have it!  Something easy and fun to keep the kids (and let's be honest, you) busy.  I think we made these when it was raining out, so it definitely added some cheer to our day. Create some yourself and see what you come up with!

~Patricia
Ha for the Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment