Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Time to get organized!

Yesterday, I had some time to organize my pantry closet. And if you haven't had a chance to clean our your pantry closet (or any closet for that matter), give it a try! You never know what you'll find!

Some of my "findings":
Bread mix from a few years ago (maybe 2009?)
Cake and brownie mix that expired in 2011 (guess that's never going to happen)
Baby food from 2012
Correction: Stale, gross baby food from 2012
2 large chocolate Easter bunnies with the ears partially nibbled off
1 unopened large chocolate Easter bunny (score!! Guess what my kids are getting for Easter this year? Don't worry, they won't actually eat it-see above statement.)
Lots of old valentine/easter/halloween/christmas candy. That I promptly threw out. That my children fished out of the trash can. I got wise and threw it in the garage. Then they whined because I threw all their candy away! Then I showed them the big box of candy still in the closet. Somehow they weren't really satisfied.

And the biggest lesson I learned? Just throw the old food away. Don't try and taste it to see if it's really bad. It is. It really is. And your kids don't want you spitting in the trashcan. On top of all of their candy.

So that's sorta how it went. Pantry closet is good for the next 3 or 4 years now. Check!

Check out a few photos of the finished closet and the only candy left in the house.

I'm getting a good feeling about you 2014.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I can relate! Well, to the expired food, not to the expired candy!
    Good luck on your organizing ventures!

    ReplyDelete