Saturday, February 1, 2014

My Valentine's Day Easy Craft

So sometimes at night, when I'm pretending to watch tv with my husband, I'm actually searching Pinterest for fun crafts to do.  I have sooooo many that I want to do, but just never find the time.  I also have a bad habit of taking something and trying to recreate it, but somehow I never have the right materials, so it never looks quite right. And honestly, that's ok with me. 

One night I found this photo on Pinterest, which turned out to be just a photo. But after a little searching, I found who made it, and she's totally cute!

So I had to do my best to come up with something similar.....and here it is!

My Easy Valentine's Day Craft:



To make this I used an 11x14 canvas that I bought at Wal-mart (in a 2 pack, so watch out for my next creation! Ha!). I measured out one inch stripes with a ruler and painted them with a foam brush and black acrylic paint. 



I then used a black Sharpie to try and even out my wonky lines. :) 

I found some scraps of light pink felt and made a heart. I used 3 pieces of felt and sewed them all together. Then I found a big stash of buttons that was different shades of pink and hot glued them on, overlapping a bit so I could use them all up.  If I was going to do this again, I would have bought the same exact button and used those, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money on this project, so I just used what I had at home. After hot gluing the buttons on, I hot glued the whole piece onto the painted canvas.


Lining it up!

Then I used some pink puffy paint to write "family" on the bottom.  The original picture said "Me + You", which is cute too, but there are a few more people in our house besides "me and you" and I was feeling inclusive today. :)


So there you have it! A fun, easy Valentine's Day project! I ended up hanging it up in our living room right next to this photo hanging project that I did awhile back. It looks pretty cool! 


~Patricia


Don't forget to click the link and follow me on Pinterest!

I'm also on Twitter! Click here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment