Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Egg Experiment

A facebook friend of mine was having trouble making hard boiled eggs, which I have to admit, I've had trouble making too.  (I like to call them "Hard cooked" instead of "hard boiled.")  Then I found this recipe, and they've turned out great every time.

A handy little fridge magnet I got at the MN State Fair, probably 10 years ago!

So I'm pretty sure I almost fell off my chair when I heard that you can actually bake eggs to make them hard-cooked.

What?!?!  You can bake eggs in the oven instead of hard-boiling them on the stove??  Sounds wonderful! Purportedly, the results would be the same, but even better!! I'm not sure how hard-boiled eggs can get better, but I was willing to give it a try. People also said that the shells would just slide off; now that is something I'd love!

I used this recipe: Bake eggs for 30 min at 325 degrees. I put each egg in a muffin tin and then popped it in the oven and waited.

This is how it turned out after peeling:


Ummm. What is that?!  Why are there brown spots on my eggs?  When I cracked them, the shells did not come off as easily as everyone had said and there was like a little wetness in the bottom of the egg, like there was this little space between the egg and the shell and there was "water" in it. It was weird. Very weird.

My 3 year old, who loves to peel hard-cooked eggs wouldn't touch them. At. all.  

So, although they tasted fine and were a lot easier, I think I'll be sticking to my tried and true method of hard boiling them on the stove.

I think I'll go make some right now!

Stay tuned for a bunch of new blog posts this month! You can choose to follow on your Blogger Feed, or if you are on your desktop, you can enter your email and new posts will be sent to you as they are posted!

NEW!!! We have a Facebook page! Click here and 'like' us!

No comments:

Post a Comment