Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Valentine's Day Craft for Kids (Door Hangers)

Any  frugal moms out there?

Will the frugal moms in the audience please raise their hands?

Glad I'm not alone! :)

Today the kids and I did some fun Valentine's crafts, but the best, best part of this door hanger craft is that the whole project came from a kit I bought last Valentine's Day at Target, when it was 75% off.  Score!!  That's right, I've been holding on to this bad boy for a whole year, and I'm not ashamed. You know why?

My kids loved it!  Specifically, my 6 year old loved it.  She spent over an hour making all these door hangers for herself, her sisters, me, my husband, her Grandma and Grandpa, everyone she knows!  It was super cute!

Check out some photos:








Cute, huh?  I also had some stickers and glitter foam paper that she used too. I think I bought a pack of foam stickers like 5 years ago, and we still have them. Use 'em up kids!  

Now are your ready for the tearjerker part?  My 6 year old did this whole project herself. By herself.  She didn't need me to glue anything. She didn't need me to cut anything. She didn't ask me to peel stickers or how to use the paper hole puncher or twist the pipe cleaners.  She did it all herself. (Picture sobbing mommy here--my little baby girl is growing up!)  And really, she was so proud of herself.  She wanted to mail them off to Grandma and Grandpa right away, and she hung everyone's up on their door too. What a sweetheart!  And because she did such a great job by herself, I was able to help my 3 year old as well as keep the 1 year old out of everyone's projects! 

So if you are at Target after Valentine's Day this year....you'd better beat me to the 75% or more off aisle! Because I scoop things up!  I seriously find the best things after Valentine's Day. One year I bought all of the favors for my daughter's birthday on Valentine's clearance. I got some cute necklaces, rings, pencils, tattoos and clear favor bags....all 75% or more off!  This girl loves a deal, can you tell?  Another tip: look for things that aren't specific to Valentine's Day.  Those tattoos I found were jungle animals, so you can use them for birthday favors or in Easter eggs or in July when the kids are bored and looking for something to do. Think of the possibilities!  You just need some space to store the crafts, maybe under a bed or in a closet, they don't require that much room and the cost savings is totally worth it! 

The best part is that you'll spend a super fun time with your kids, creating with them--guaranteed to put everyone in a good mood! What are you waiting for?

~Patricia

Are you a follower on Facebook yet? "Like" us at this link! 

Don't forget to click the link and follow me on Pinterest!

I'm also on Twitter! Click here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment