Monday, April 28, 2014

Anchors Away!

Have you been seeing all the cute anchor clothing on Pinterest lately? (Check out my board for some ideas!) click here!

Anytime I'm in Target, I always check for cheap plain T-shirts, so that I can embellish them. I decided to do a freezer paper stencil of an anchor on a shirt for my youngest daughter C, who is 18 months.

I found an image of an anchor I liked on the internet, printed it out, blew it up to the size I wanted, then cut it out, traced it on the freezer paper, then cut out the image again, ironed it on, painted over it all, let it dry, ironed over it all again and then voila! A cute anchor t-shirt!

Don't forget to put a piece of freezer paper as a barrier between the front and back of the shirt as well, or your project may not turn out. :) For a more in-depth look at freezer paper stencils, check out this post here.

Have fun and create something!

-patricia

1 comment:

  1. Love this and the bird one! Thanks for the inspiration! I wouldn't have thought to keep an eye out for solid clearance shirts to upgrade them. awesome! I will be trying this out :)

    ReplyDelete