Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sweet Potato Pommes Frites

Tonight I have to share with you a delicious side dish that the kids loved tonight at dinner.  I love, love, love sweet potatoes, but the last time I tried making them they were dry and good, but not good.  These were perfect!

And if we hadn't gobbled them all up, I would have taken a picture; next time, I promise I will take a picture!

Sweet Potato Pommes Frites
Original Recipe HERE (complete with yummy photos)

2 large sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons of coconut oil (melt in microwave for 30 seconds, I use organic, cold-pressed)
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Paprika to taste (or another favorite spice, like cinnamon)

Simply cut up the sweet potatoes into even pieces, then mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.  I then dumped them on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and baked at 375 for 30 minutes (I usually bake in a smaller "pizza" oven, so you may want to bake at 400 in a regular size oven), flipping halfway through. You want them tender in the middle and brown on the edges.

Then take them out and enjoy! Yum! We had ours with asparagus and salmon. Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Sounds so good! I'm going to make these tonight. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete