Monday, September 22, 2014

Watermelon


Awhile ago I came across this video which explains how to easily cut watermelon. It's pretty genius, and if you haven't watched it, you should!  It's pretty awesome.  Now, I always think that perhaps the people who make these videos are like, professional chefs or something, and there's no way I could ever do the same thing and make it look quite as nice and easy.  

So I tried it, and I failed. I think if I would have had or been able to use a more flexible knife to cut around the inside of the watermelon, it would have worked. Is that a thing, a flexible knife?  BUT, then I just cut the watermelon into fourths (instead of halves) and it worked really well! 

The watermelon cut into fourths, then sliced all around, as in the video.

Chunks came out!



There was just a little bit left inside, not bad!




C and M liked helping (sorry for the blurry photo, they were too busy eating to stand still)! 
Well, mostly they were eating the watermelon, but that's helpful, since my husband doesn't like watermelon. Someone's got to eat it! :)

I love reading about all sorts of life hacks, and this is one that I will definitely continue trying to perfect. 
And if anyone knows of a flexible knife I should try, let me know!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Patricia


No comments:

Post a Comment