Thursday, March 26, 2015

A quote a day

Today.

Today is my oldest daughter's 8th birthday. Wow. I still can't believe it!  Everyone tells you the time goes fast, but you don't realize that it actually does....until it actually does.  It goes so fast. 

My 8 year old.  She's spunky, fun, energetic, quick and marches to her own beat. I love that about her!  But sometimes, I get the feeling that she doesn't love those things about herself. 

So I decided to give her a little boost by giving her a frame (I'm going to let her decorate it) that I'll fill with a new quote every few days.  I got most of the ideas for the quotes off of my Pinterest "Inspiration" board.  I love using the Internet to inspire!  There's too much garbage out there anyways these days.

Here's the lowdown!
Start with a cheap, wooden, customizable frame. I got this one at JoAnn's in the clearance section for $2.



Grab some fun papers and cut them to size.  My frame holds a 4 x 6 inch photo, but it has rounded corners, so I just made the papers a little bit smaller, so I wouldn't have to round all the corners. (hey, it works!)


I was proud that I used materials for this that I had around the house, and even got out my Creative Memories personal trimmer from my scrapbooking supplies.  I haven't used this thing in ages! Is Creative Memories even around anymore?!


Search and find just the right quotes and write them on the papers.  Nothing fancy! 

 

Gosh, I love a good quote! 


And voila! That's it!  Easy peezy!
Once we get the frame painted, I'll share that too.

I am going to start with this quote:
Your voice is my favorite sound.
Your name is my favorite word.
Your hugs are my favorite feeling.
Your smile is my favorite sight.
I love you. You are amazing! 



What's your favorite quote? I'd love to hear, please share in the comments! 

Thanks for reading! 
~Patricia






No comments:

Post a Comment