Sunday, March 15, 2015

Easy 30 Minute St. Patrick's Day Pillow

Today I had the best afternoon!
My husband took our 3 girls to one of those inflatable bounce house places and I got some fabulous alone time with my sewing machine. It was glorious!  I've really been slacking in this area, and it was such a gift to be able to just sit and sew uninterrupted.

After sewing a baby bib (more on that in a different post), I came up with this adorable, super easy St. Patrick's Day pillow!


I decided to make it reversible, just because I love making things last for a long time. 


The heart on this pillow is actually 2 pieces of felt that were sewn together by my oldest. I wasn't sure what to do with it, so putting it on a pillow to keep sounded like a great idea!

Interested in making one?

Gather up the following supplies:
2 pieces of white felt (approx. 11 x 9in)
green felt and coordinating thread
pink felt and coordinating thread
scissors
pins
disappearing ink pen

That's it!


I free-handed the shamrock and then pinned it in place.  


I used a washable green marker to write the word "lucky" and then used my machine to sew over the lines. The washable marker worked fine, but I'd use a disappearing ink pen---if I could find mine!!  I'm sure the kids moved it...somewhere....


I pulled the thread to the back and tied them off instead of back-stitching. Because I can.



And this is a great project to use up scraps!  Perfect!  Then just repeat for the other side and you're done!


The best part was when I showed the girls and they gave it a big squeeze hug; it's soooo soft! I love felt!



Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!

~Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment