Monday, April 6, 2015

Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe

Tuesday is Taco Night!!  Whoop! Whoop!

Sorry, I get a little excited about Tuesday Taco Night, only because I know what we're having and can plan for it.  I don't know how many times I've tried to meal plan, I just can't figure out a good plan that works for our family.  

But I can always count on Tuesday Taco Night. Or Thursday Taco Night--just keeping it real y'all.

So in honor of taco night, I wanted to share with you the awesome homemade taco seasoning recipe we use. It was so easy, the kids put it together, and I threw it in a glass container to store for later.  This is so easy, I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. 

G even labeled the taco "sesing" for us:
Cute, huh?

Here's the recipe:

Homemade Taco Seasoning
Ingredients
  • 2 Tablespoons of Chili
  • 1 Tablespoon of Cumin
  • 1 teaspoon of onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon of garlic salt (or garlic powder)
  • 2 teaspoons of pepper
  • 2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of Paprika
  • ¼ of cayenne or red pepper flakes (you can double this if you want an extra kick)
Instructions
  1. Mix all the seasonings in a small bowl. Transfer to a jar and reserve.
  2. When you need taco seasoning, use 2 Tablespoons for a for a pound of meat (or just use 2 Tablespoons for any soup).
We actually didn't have the garlic salt or powder, but it tasted just fine with all the other ingredients.

We made nachos for Taco Night last week:


Let's call it a win!
~Patricia

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! Thanks for sharing. I've been wanting to make my own taco seasoning since I forget to buy more packets:)

    ReplyDelete