Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Banana Blondies

Sometimes I make really good decisions. 

Sometimes I find something on Pinterest, and it just turns out. Like really turns out good. (see below for a delicious example)

And sometimes things don't turn out at all. Pinterest Fail. 

So before I tell you about the best-ever-so-easy-it-can't-be-good-for-you recipe for Banana Blondies, let me tell you about my fail making banana bread. Banana bread---it should be so easy to make, right?

Not for me I guess!

I do have a great recipe for banana muffins, maybe I should just put those in a loaf pan, is that how these things work? Would that even work? Hmmmm.

I found this recipe for Banana Bread on Food.com. The picture show delicious, warm (I'm only assuming it's warm, I didn't see that in the photos per se), yummy banana bread. Mmmmm, my mouth was watering, and I had a whole bunch of ripe bananas to use up; let's get started!! 

So I mixed it up (easy enough) and greased and floured my loaf pan (thanks Mom for teaching me how to do that!) and then poured it in and popped it in the oven. Easy! Wait an hour (which seemed like a long time, but whatever), and then smell something burning and pull out this mess: 



Ick.  It was burned and didn't look at all like the pictures, didn't look appetizing at all.  I took it out and tried to salvage it by cutting off the burned parts, but it just was a soppy mess. Le sigh. I tried!!


Now, on to the success of the day:

Banana Blondies! 

Look at how delicious these look!

And homemade frosting too!!

Mmmmmmm.  



I found the recipe off of Pinterest, from this website, Cookies and Cups. 

It was surprisingly easy, and so deliciously sweet! I've never really even made frosting before, and I couldn't believe
a) that I made it and 
b) that I had all the ingredients already in my pantry!

This is all that was left after the kids got into it!
Ready for the recipe?

Here goes!  

Banana Blondies 

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 medium to large mashed ripe banana

1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a 8x8 pan or a pie plate with foil, then spray with non-stick baking spray.
2. Using your stand mixer, combine melted butter and sugar. Then incorporate in egg and vanilla. Then stir until salt, flour and banana until batter is smooth. 
3. Bake for 25-30 min. Center should be set when you take it out.
4. Place pan on wire rack to cool, then make the frosting!


Brown Sugar Frosting


Ingredients: 

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp milk
  • 1 cup powered sugar

1. In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add brown sugar and milk; stir until  it begins to boil. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes.
2. Whisk in powered sugar.
3. Pour over blondies and let sit while frosting hardens. When everything is completely cool and set, cut and enjoy! Refrigerate any leftovers. 

Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups. 


No comments:

Post a Comment