Monday, December 7, 2015

Morning Routine with an Easy Breakfast Idea

Hey y'all!  

Today I wanted to share with you my morning routine and one of my favorite ways to make a quick breakfast.  The holidays are in full swing here and if I don't make myself a healthy breakfast, I get super cranky by mid-morning! That is no beuno for anyone. Seriously. 

Ready? Here we go!

Usually I start the morning by getting my two oldest girls up and off to school.  I make sure they are dressed, shoes on, and the oldest one gets some sort of breakfast sandwich or protein bar and a glass of milk that she can eat/drink in the car on the way to the bus stop. (Unfortunately she's inherited my hangry tendencies, so I have to make sure she eats something.) 

After that I always walk the dog. I use the S Health App on my phone to track my mileage, and it usually ends up being a 1 or 2 mile walk. Wahoo!  If my day isn't too crazy, I'll head over to the gym later in the morning to take a class (Zumba is my favorite!), but if not, brisk walk = cardio! 


When I get home I whip out the yoga mat to do some stretches and other exercises: planks, sit-ups, squats, etc. Those pesky abs will be flat one day! There I said it! (so it has to be true, right?!)


And now, for the the easiest breakfast you'll ever make, I give you: (Drumroll please....)
2 Minute Eggs!! 

Made in a mug in the microwave! Genius! 


Basic 2 Minute Egg Recipe:
Spray a Coffee Mug with non-stick spray.
Whisk 2 eggs, 1 tbsp milk and spices (I use salt, pepper and turmeric) together. 
Microwave for 45 seconds, stir.
Microwave again until set, usually 30 to 45 more seconds. 

That's it!

Usually I pop them out onto a plate and add some protein left over from our dinner the night before (steak, chicken, chops) or even some deli meat if I have some. Throw on some cherry tomatoes, a little cheese, maybe add some left over veggies (peppers and spinach would be amazing!) and you've got yourself an easy breakfast AND used up some of those leftovers that would probably have been forgotten about in the back of your fridge. (Wait, am I the only one who doesn't like leftovers?)

You can find the original recipe and a video here from IncredibleEgg.com

And here's a fun fact: Years ago, when I worked at a juvenile detention center, one of the older ladies that worked there used to make her eggs like this and I thought she was just crazy. Who makes their eggs in the microwave?!  Now I know that she was just years ahead of her time. Genius. I guess that's what living for ten more years will give you! Perspective! 

OMG. Isn't this mini whisk the CUTEST?!?!

I'd love to see some of your favorite breakfast creations, so leave a link and comment below! Thanks for reading!

~Patricia










1 comment:

  1. WOW! Thanks for this Egg Recipe. I will def be checking this out as my girls love eggs! Great for a morning breakfast that we can take in the car too!

    ReplyDelete