When my kids get in the crafting mood, we run with it! This time we ran straight to our stack of construction paper and made a ton of Halloween decorations to.....well, decorate our house! The kids really had a fun time and were super creative and well-behaved. So definitely worth all the cutting I had to do!
Scroll down to see some cool ideas...
![]() |
| Mixed-up pumpkin |
![]() |
| Love the arms! (because I made them, lol!) |
I just wanted to add that you could use the crinkly arms to make some spooky spiders....I personally get freaked out, even by fake spiders, so they were a no-go. Seriously, even if they are giant, pretend, construction paper spiders-they freak me out. Let's be honest, when I wake up early in the morning and turn on the lights, I don't want to look at a spider. Spiders in Florida are HUGE, so a pretend construction paper one made by a 6 year old might be mistaken for the real thing. I'm not taking any chances here.
Note: Remember those crinkly arms from Elementary school? I sure did! I felt pretty proud of myself pulling out all the stops for the pumpkins here. "They need arms, Mommy!" Of course they do kids. Of course they do.
![]() |
| Not sure why there is a Halloween "maze" on the pink paper, but they were insistent that our decorations would be incomplete without it. |
![]() |
| Bats, lots and lots of bats. They loved them! |
And bonus question......can you guess who made the pumpkin in the picture above? (here's a hint...she did pretty much all of the cutting too!)
So there you have it! Something easy and fun to keep the kids (and let's be honest, you) busy. I think we made these when it was raining out, so it definitely added some cheer to our day. Create some yourself and see what you come up with!
~Patricia
Ha for the Kids!





No comments:
Post a Comment