My favorite one so far is this one by Amy Cuddy:
It also happens to be the second most popular TED talk ever. It's titled, "Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are." And I love it. Basically, it states (backed by research) that you can improve your mood and confidence by doing "high-power poses" for 2 minutes. As a person who really believes in the thoughts-feelings-actions connection (hey, I didn't go to grad school for social work for nothing!), this is genius to me.
Just do a high-power pose, like the "wonder woman," for 2 minutes before a big or stressful event, and it will help you to feel more confident! I like to practice my wonder woman pose in the car before heading to a meeting or when my kids are being particularly stressful. (So everyday, basically.)
Listen to the talk and let me know what you think! I just downloaded the audio and listened in the car on the way to get the kids from school. You can fast-forward in the video until you get to the examples of power poses, but otherwise I didn't feel I needed the visuals.
For more awesome and inspiring TED talks, check them out here.
Here's to feeling more confident!
~Patricia
No comments:
Post a Comment