It seems I'm in a mood to upgrade lately. I've switched out a bunch of things and most recently I bought a new set of rimmed baking sheets from Sam's Club. They are the Bakers and Chefs brand, and they come in a pack of 2 for around $11. And they are super shiny:
![]() |
| Ooooo....shiny! |
Before I bought them, I did some research. I really wanted to consult America's Test Kitchen (because they are so thorough with their research), but I realized that most of their stuff you need a subscription for, and I don't have one. Boo. So, after a little more googling, I found this really intensive article from thesweethome.com. If you care about baking sheets, you should read it, it's a great article!
It said that the Bakers and Chefs rimmed baking sheets (only available in-store) were it's #2 pick, and cost half as much as the #1 pick. (The number one pick, by the way, was this one.) Also, these sheets may warp at temperatures over 400 degrees, so that's a consideration if you're always baking at a high temp--which I don't usually do. We've used them a few times a week since getting them, and I only noticed some slight warping once for a few seconds after I pulled it out of the oven. I actually pressed down firmly on the pan on both sides while it was still hot, and then it wasn't warped anymore. Maybe I have super powers! I haven't noticed any warping before or since then.
I guess some people like rimless baking sheets for baking cookies and things, and there was some research that your cookies get done faster on a rimless sheet (for those of you that can't wait), but I like the rimmed. We mostly use our sheets for roasting, and I like that nothing will roll off of these.
And this is super embarrassing.....
And to celebrate our new baking sheets, we've been making some yummy dinners too!
My husband is a much better cook than I am, and I know we both love these new baking sheets! I just wish that I would have picked these up sooner, since I have to make a run to Sam's every few months to stock up on essentials anyways!
![]() |
| Hello rim! |
But these are the baking sheets we were using before....
Ick.
We'd put foil down for everything (a habit we still do because it makes cleanup a breeze).
![]() |
| These are not so shiny. |
And to celebrate our new baking sheets, we've been making some yummy dinners too!
![]() |
| Delicious! |
And just fyi, I have not been compensated in any way by Sam's to tell you about these baking sheets (I wish!). I just really like them and and wanted to share with you!
Here's the recipe for the photo on the left btw, it's a keeper! (Click here)
Thanks for stopping by!
~Patricia
~Patricia




No comments:
Post a Comment