Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas Card Display Problem: SOLVED!

The last few days I've been stressing about how to display the inevitable loads of Christmas cards we will receive this year. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love getting them!! But after starting the Konmari method and reading The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up I just wanted to display them in a joyful way.

I scoured Pinterest for some ideas, and there are a lot of them out there!  I settled on this one from Thyme is Honey using washi tape. And then I realized that the only washi tape I had was some leopard print stuff leftover from one of my girl's art projects.

Uh, that's not very Christmas-y.

So I went to my trusty ribbon stash and found the perfect shade of green (seriously, I have a LOT of ribbon). I used some command strips, some leftover tinsel and a level to make the perfect display tree!  I even cut a star out of some gold fabric I had left over from Halloween.

Total Cost: $0




I love how it turned out and can't wait to fill it up with the season's greetings from our friends and family.

Bring on the cards!!

Speaking of which, I'm waiting for ours to come via Shutterfly so that I can send them out asap.  I keep a list on my Google Docs of all the addresses of our friends and family from year to year, so it's a snap to fill out the cards when they come.

I'm all about making the holidays as stress-free as possible!


It's filling up! 

What's your favorite way to display cards? Share in the comments below! 

~Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment